The library is a bright, welcoming learning space within the school. It is a place colourful displays; engaging resources and is a place where reading for pleasure, literature and digital technologies blend seamlessly together. The Library warmly welcomes hundreds of students per week for lessons as well as being open before school and at lunchtimes.
Students enjoy frequent opportunities to:
- listen to, view, read and interpret stories
- borrow regularly
- develop a strong sense of reading for pleasure
- create visual representations of their learning
- develop a strong competency and independence in the use of contemporary learning tools
There are ample opportunities for students to take control of their own learning, to become content creators and to challenge themselves to improve their learning outcomes.
The Library also operates as the hub:
- for teaching and learning of the Digital Technologies curriculum (SCSA).
- for the Digital Technologies Department where the school’s expansive fleet of devices are deployed, managed and updated.
- for Stretch Crew (Academic Extension), which operates weekly.