The primary focus of the Physical Education Program at Orana Catholic Primary School is to develop and enhance the physical activity skills of all students and encourage and foster a positive attitude towards a healthy and active lifestyle.
Every week students from Pre-Primary to Year Six are engaged in a 50-minute Physical Education lesson that focuses on learning key skills over a series of different sports to create a fun, supportive and rich physical education experience. Students in Pre-Primary to Year Two are focused on developing fundamental movement skills across common movement types on the sporting field. Students in Years Three-Six focus on utilising previously learnt skills and implementing them in game situations across a variety of sports.
Faction House Carnivals:
At various times during the year, students will have the opportunity to participate in the following Faction House Carnivals:
- House Swimming Carnival (Term 1, Years 4-6)
- House Cross Country (Term 2, Years 3-6)
- House Athletics Carnival (Term 3, Kindy- Year 6)
Inter-School Sports & Carnivals:
Throughout the year, students in Years three to Six compete against other schools in the surrounding suburbs in inter-school sport competitions.
- Term 1: Cricket and Swimming Carnivals
- Term 2: Lightning Carnival (Netball, Soccer, AFL and Volleyball) and Cross Country
- Term 3: Lightning Carnival (Modcrosse, League Tag and European Handball)
- Term 4: Athletics