You can use the form below to submit your absentee email to school.
Extended absences during term for reasons other than illness are discouraged. Non-Attendance has a variety of effects on students both academically and socially. We acknowledge that this is not a decision for parents/carers to take lightly and ask that you consider the position of your child/ren’s education and the school when arranging holidays during term time.
The Education Act (1999) places the onus on parents/carers to ensure that their children attend school or engage in school-based activities during term. If students experience an extended absence, the following can occur:
- Students will miss out on important learning programmes. The school cannot accept responsibility for learning that is missed during extended leave taken.
- Students can find it difficult to re-adapt to school routines and continue to develop social groups when extended leave is taken.
- If important assessments are missed, then some areas of your child’s report may be incomplete.
- Extended absences cause extra-organisational concerns for in-class and co-curricula activities. Your child’s involvement in these activities cannot be guaranteed if essential preparation has not been undertaken or they are absent when activities are planned.
- Absences for some reasons may not be approved.
- Although every effort is made to set a school calendar of events, due to exceptional circumstances, these dates may need to be changed during a school year.
If you choose to disrupt your child/ren’s education, please fill in and submit the form below to the school office and contact your class teacher/s to access an overview of classwork 2 weeks prior to the leave period.
Where possible, student medication should be administered by the parent/carer at home in times other than school hours. If this is not possible, the following procedure must be followed.
Prescribed medication is to be presented to administration staff on arrival at school and must be in the original packaging clearly showing the name of the student, the name of the medication, the dosage and frequency. All medication is kept in the sick bay at Orana Catholic Primary School. Medications are not allowed to be kept in children's school bags during the school day.
Fill out the attached form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org if you require your child to be administered medication at school.