At Orana Catholic Primary School, the Orana Parents and Friends (P&F) Association have a very close and positive relationship with the school. The P&F is an integral part of Orana Catholic Primary school and provides a formal structure and support network for parents to be involved in activities and the decision making processes at the school.
- The P&F represents the interest of the whole parents' body.
- The P&F helps parents to engage with the school and the education of their children.
- The P&F works to support the school where they can.
A sustained positive partnership between the school staff and the parents hugely benefits the school and the children.
As parents, we are our children's first teachers and have the right and responsibility to be actively engaged in our children's education. Research shows that children do better at school when parents continue to be engaged throughout their children’s years at school. The P&F can facilitate this engagement.
The P&F provide a healthy forum for discussion and ideas within the school and its community. We assist in planning and organising activities and fundraising in order to provide financial assistance towards teaching resources and the development of school facilities.
Some items that we have helped fundraise for over the years include, but not limited to, are:
- Reading and Writing Resources
- Sporting Equipment
- Excursions and Incursions
- Teaching Resources
- Year 6 Graduation
- Sphero SPRK App Controlled Robot Balls
- Implementation of Flexible Learning Spaces