To register your interest in a place at Orana Catholic Primary School, please complete an online Registration of Interest Form below.
An application package will be forwarded to you.
Enrolments must comply with government entry age requirements. If you are unsure which academic your child is eligible for, please contact our Enrolment Officer.
- Pre-Kindergarten: Children must have turned three years of age to be eligible to attend the 3 Year Old Pre-Kindergarten Program. This program runs on Fridays during school term from 9am to 2.45pm. A qualified early childhood teacher leads the program with the support of an education assistant.
- Kindergarten: Children who have turned 4 years or are turning 4 before the 30th June that school year are able to commence 4 Year Old Kindergarten Program. Our Kindergarten runs three full days per week, during school terms, on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00am – 2:45pm. A qualified early childhood teacher leads the program with the support of two education assistants.
- Pre-primary to Year 6: Children are to be enrolled in the academic year, as per the WA government age entry requirements. Classes run Monday to Friday from 8.50am to 3.10pm.
All applications for enrolment will be accepted for assessment by our Principal. The acceptance of an application form does not guarantee an enrolment interview or subsequent offer of enrolment. If a place is available, you will be invited to attend an interview and school tour with the Principal or member of our Leadership Team.
Orana Catholic Primary School will contact applicant families for interviews as per the following:
- If you are applying for a Pre-Kindergarten / Kindergarten place, the school will contact you regarding an interview approximately 18 months before commencement.
- If you are applying for Pre-primary to Year 1 positions, you will be contacted upon receipt of your application.
Please note that the interview is for the ‘family’ and at least one parent and the child applying for a place must be present. An application fee of $50 per family is payable at this time.
Families will be asked to provide:
- Completed Application Form
- Student Information / Pre-Interview Questions Form
- Birth Certificate
- Australian Immunisation Register History Statement (Current)
- Copy of Passport and Visa Information (if parents and/or child not born in Australia)
- Copy of Baptism Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of Parish Priest Reference (if applicable)
**Please note that enrolments must comply with government immunisation requirements. More information about these requirements is available from the Healthy WA website.
A decision regarding the application will be made by the Principal following the interview and the family will be informed of the outcome via a letter of offer. Families are asked to return the acceptance form and pay the $200 Enrolment Deposit.
To view the full Catholic Education WA Enrolment Policy, please click here.
While an offer of a position is at the discretion of the Principal, the following enrolment priorities are applied:
- Catholic students from the parish with a Parish Priest reference
- Catholic students from outside the parish with a Parish Priest reference
- Other Catholic students
- Siblings of non-Catholic students
- Non-Catholic students from other Christian denominations
- Other non-Catholic students.
School Fees & Discounts
A copy of the current Fee Schedule can be viewed here. Automatic discounts apply for HealthCare Card or Parenting Payment Single (PPS) Pensioner Card holders. If you hold a valid card, please contact the finance officer.
Pre-Kindergarten (3-year-old) Program
When enrolling children in the three-year-old educational program children must have attained the age of three.
Enrolment into the Pre-Kindergarten program does not guarantee enrolment into the school. You will be contacted in writing during the Pre-Kindergarten year to confirm your enrolment for Kindergarten the following year.
There is no Child Care Rebate associated with Pre-Kindergarten in a school environment. For Pre-Kindergarten Fees click here.