APPLE DISTINGUISHED SCHOOL
Orana Catholic Primary School has been renewed as an Apple Distinguished School for 2016-2017 as continued recognition for sustaining an exemplary learning environment where innovation, leadership, and educational excellence are practised.
The leadership and staff at Orana Catholic Primary School have shown that they demonstrate the five best practices of an Apple Distinguished School: visionary leadership, innovative learning and teaching, ongoing professional learning, compelling evidence of success, and a flexible learning environment - ensuring that all students are prepared for future success in work and life.
Over the last 9 years, Orana has won numerous awards at the Catholic Schools
Performing Arts Festival including six top awards. Orana ensembles and soloists have placed first in several events in the various eisteddfods and festivals around Perth.
- Parents and Friends Federation Award for the best Primary School
Concert Band: Orana School Concert Band - 1999, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Archbishop Foley Award for Primary Liturgical Choir: Orana Senior Choir
- Parents and Friends Federation Golden Jubilee Award for Primary
Instrumental Duet: 2016 - A.Carlos and W.Bennion (Tenor Horn Duet)
2017 - J.Padua and W.Bennion.(Euphonium Duet) 2019 – S.Giuffre and S. Ramanathan ( Clarinet Duet)
- Presentation Sister’s Award for Primary Dance - Orana Dance Group
- Sisters of Mercy Perth Award for Primary Instrumental Solo – C.Chang -
Classical Guitar - 2018.
- Sister of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart Award for Primary Instrumental Ensemble. Orana Saxophone Trio – 2019
- Sisters of Mercy West Perth Congregation Perpetual Trophy for Primary Piano Solo - C.Chang 2019
- The Zenith Commendation Award for Sustained Improvement (Primary).
This award was in recognition of the school's substantial growth in our
performing arts programme. 2014 (Inaugural winners) and 2015.
- The Zenith Excellence Award for Outstanding Performance and
Participation in the Spirit of the Festival (Metropolitan - Primary) 2016,
2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Meraki Festival 2019. 1st place Choir- Orana Vocal students.
AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE
Orana Catholic Primary School was acknowledged by the Catholic Education Commission of WA in 2011 for its innovative approach to learning with an Award for Excellence in the category of DEVELOPING A HUNGER FOR THE LEARNING ADVENTURE.
Orana has been a flagship school in Western Australia for the 1:1 device program for primary school students. All teachers have upskilled themselves to become proficient at integrating ICT into the curriculum.
The school has also been generous in sharing its knowledge by hosting visits from other schools and Principals across WA and nationally.
The outcome of the program is to provide students with a deeper engagement with their learning. It has allowed differentiated learning to take place naturally.
"In WA we are most fortunate that our Catholic schools are abundant with educators who rise to the challenge and create the best possible impressions on our children - people who honour that trust and share a genuine desire for each child to succeed."